Tuesday, April 1, 2008

While on a plane to NYC

The most beautiful time of day in the garden is late afternoon, when the sun seems to highlight every leaf and flower. I used to think the old bench in the corner was a bit of an eyesore, but as it gets grayer it looks softer and more a part of the surrounding trees.

I love this time of year when there is an hour or two of warm sunlight in the afternoon, inviting quiet and contemplation. The intense heat of the summer hasn't returned yet and there are birds everywhere. I just brought out the feeder and the eaves bell, and J hung up the temple bell. The meditation garden is taking shape in front of us with a promise of tranquility. I walked the path surrounding the redwoods and camelias at the end of the day, and everything slowed down.

No comments: