On Saturday I took my seat among 40 or so other avatars in Metaplace, and waited for the speech to begin. Thanks to hard work from the Metaplace engineers, Keith Morris, Evonne Henning and Joyce Bettencourt we had a live stream of Obama speaking in Ghana coming into Metaplace. The speech was powerful, as so many of his are, and I wish more people would have seen it.
As it was, we had an international audience in the two virtual worlds, Metaplace and Second Life, watching together, discussing the ideas being raised, and then expanding the conversation afterwards with guest speakers Ambassador Kenton Keith, Derrick Ashong, and Professor Timothy Burke. I have a strong belief in the opportunities that virtual worlds offer to bridge cultures and this amazing event only underscored that belief.
Check out Draxtor Despres' machinima:
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment